Blogging has become a part of day-to-day life. People have taken to share their views and opinions and post their comments online. A blog is an interface where people communicate with one another. It is a shared on-line journal or a diary. A blog is thrown open to the public who considers the same as their own web site and updates it regularly. The term blog stands for word 'web log'.
According to some experts, a blog is a collection of posts, be it informal, short, deeply personal or controversial. It contains updated information on everyday basis.
People interested in blogging need to keep a check on their word usage. A controversial comment is likely to spark violence among the community. Below are some tips to ensure that the blog is free from any controversy.
1. Always think of the reader before writing. Follow the WIIFM principle that stands for 'What's In It For Me?' The written content has to arouse interest in the minds of readers.
2. It is good to proofread the content for any grammatical errors and typos. Blogging is all about publishing content. Here, the writer has to make sure the content is error-free and appealing.
3. The content has to be valuable and worth reading. It is advisable for beginners to share articles of other people or review any book, before blog writing.
4. Follow the KISS theory, which means Keep It Short and Simple. Online readers do not have sufficient time to read the overall content, even if it sounds interesting. Here, stick to the main idea behind blogging. Publication of short posts is good as compared to lengthy articles.
5. Make content live that serves the readers' areas of interest. This does not mean that the blogger has to be a born writer. Assume it a live conversation, wherein people have gathered to share their ideas over a certain topic. Stick to the five Ws- who, why, what, where and when.
6. Make others familiar with what is happening around the world. Post comments on routine lives of celebrities and famous personalities. This builds a rapport and joins more people to the blog.
7. Put forward your ideas in a clear manner. Avoid jargon or double speak. Do not repeat ideas. The reader has to get a clear picture of what the writer is trying to convey. As such, have a straightforward approach in writing.
8. Blogging has to be with respect to people of all age groups. In addition, it is beneficial to include ideas that generate rapid interest among readers.
9. Headline of the content has to be clear and in a bold statement. Avoid misleading the readers. The writer may use specific key words. Frequent key word usage helps to stick to the purpose of the blog and appeals to search blogs. This increases the chances of ranking on the blog.
Blogging helps people to know about the current topics, burning issues, and trends. Thus, individuals willing to voice their opinion on some issues or those who do not have time to go through the newspaper or TV news, and even common people can equally benefit from blogs.